Project Manager Resume Sample
When you are hunting for a new Project Manager position, it is always recommended to check out some best Project Manager resume samples. With thousands of other Project Managers looking for a new position every day, you want to make sure your Project Manager Resume stands out from others by being both informative and attractive to any hiring manager.
“We would love to help you create your CV.
You can whatsapp us on +91.9716366366 and consult an expert for free”
Resume writing can be a head-scratcher if you are not well-versed with the traits and tricks that are required for framing the perfect project management resume.
To give a head start we made a Project Manager resume sample for you to use.
You need a project manager resume that professionally reflects all your potential so that the recruiters can give you the required shortlist for you to get closer to your dream job.
Given below is a summary of our Project Manager Resume 2020 Blog:
- Give your technical program manager resume its unique individuality by writing your name as the header of your IT project manager resume.
- Write one-liners to state your professional experience and have an impact on the recruiters to recognize you as the most suitable applicant.
- Create a cause-effect relationship between your skilful contributions to an organization and specify your achievements.
To write a killer project manager resume and to become an expert in it, all you need to do is to follow the process of making resumes used by experts at CV Owl.
We have also provided project manager resume examples for your reference which you can find as you keep reading this blog.
By the end of this article, you will also be able to:
- How to frame the perfect project manager resume skills section.
- Decide on whether to compose a summary or an objective of your program manager resume.
- Optimize your headline according to your target profile.
- Provide only the required personal information.
- List out your technical skills in the correct method.
. . . All so you can get the job that you want!
Our Online Resume Builder is stocked with a huge library of project manager resume examples and project manager resume sample for your best project manager resume wherein all you have to do is fill the details and your perfect resume is good to go.
What is a Project Manager Resume & Why Do You Need It?
Project Managers work in a wide variety of fields and a resume is what helps the recruiter to understand your level of expertise in that field.
They say, "The first impression is the last impression". Hence, you should try to write a project manager resume that can create an impact on the recruiter in your first interaction itself.
You also need to rank high on ATS (Applicant Tracking System) which most of the recruiters use.
It is used to pick the most suitable project manager resume with the highest number of keywords that have been used by the recruiters to describe the targeted job profile.
Now that you are aware of the ATS, you should be aware that you need to write an ATS-targeted resume to raise your chance of getting the shortlist from the recruiters for landing the targeted job.
You can go to CV Owl's Online Resume Builder to curate a flawless ATS-friendly entry-level project manager resume as well as a senior project manager resume.
What to Highlight
No matter how long you have been working in project management, there are a few key things that employers need to know to make sure you are a good fit for their team.
The first thing to highlight is the types of projects you have overseen. For instance, Infrastructure projects, software development projects, construction projects, or any relocation projects. The types of projects you have worked on needs to be included both in summary at the top of your resume, as well as within each position description.
Next, employers want to see the range of budgets you have experience overseeing. There is a big difference between $5k projects and $1.5M projects. Again, this information should be included in your summary, as well as in your position descriptions.
Lastly, employers want to know how long your projects have lasted, and if you are comfortable juggling multiple projects simultaneously. Along with the budget, also give a timeline of the shortest and the most extended project you have worked on in your summary. This means your summary should look something like “Managing infrastructure projects lasting anywhere from 6 months to 2 years and with budgets ranging from $5k to $1M”.
Go through the project manager resume sample above which will give you an idea of what to highlight in your Project Manager Resume.
Quantify your Project Manager Resume
Potential employers love numbers because it makes your experience feel more tangible. When writing your project manager resume, if you can answer the questions, “How much?” or “How many?”, you should include that number in your project manager resume. For instance:
How long did the project last?
How big was the project team?
What was the project budget?
Project Manager Resume Sections
There are two types of sections in your resume, the standard sections which need to be framed at all times and the optional sections that can be framed only when explicitly asked or required.
Your project management resume is divided into the following standard sections:
- Personal Information
- Key Skills
- Professional Experience
Given below are the optional sections that can be framed whenever required or if you think it is necessary:
- Certifications (if any)
- Additional Information (if any)
- Awards & Recognition (if any)
How To Write a Project Manager Resume?
The three stages that can help you to write a flawless project management resume are:
- Stage 1: Master Project Manager Resume
- Stage 2: First Draft of Project Manager Resume
- Stage 3: Final Draft of Project Manager Resume
Check out the project manager resume sample designed for you to give you a head start when applying for a project manager job.
Master Project Manager Resume
In this first stage of resume making, you have to compile all the information related to your project manager resumes in a single document.
Simply create a master draft, gather all your pieces of information and list them in this draft to use it as the master folder.
The master resume is going to be the long-term solution to all your resume updates as it can help you frame your project manager resumes in the present timeline as well as for any possible updates in the future.
Doing so can help you save time and avoid looking for scattered information every time you need to update your project management resume.
First Draft of Project Manager Resume
Once you are done creating your master project manager resume, the next step is to frame your first draft of best project manager resume, by composing the following sections:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Professional Experience
- Certifications (if any)
- Awards & Recognition (if any)
- Additional Information (if any)
Always remember that every standard section is to be framed at all times while the optional sections can be framed only when deemed necessary.
Final Draft of Project Manager Resume
In the final stage, you have to curate the below-given sections in your best project manager resume:
- Key Skills Section: This section should be framed in the last second step of resume writing. Scan through your professional experience section and pick out all the important and relevant keywords and align them in this section.
- Summary/Objective Section: This section should be framed in the last step of resume writing. Scan through your resume and write a summary or objective as per the years of work experience that you possess. It is the statement of your skills and contributions to an organization.
Follow these three stages for your project manager resume writing and raise your chances of being shortlisted by the recruiter by making them recognize the most significant potential that you possess.
Our free resume samples will perfectly cater to your need of making a project manager resume as our design templates are made to keep a perfect balance between the design and the content of a resume.
So, come and make your IT project manager resume at CV Owl's Online Resume Builder Right Now!
Project Manager Resume: Header
The resume header holds a lot of importance in a project manager resume as it helps in differentiating your resume from hundreds of other project manager resumes that have come in for the same designation.
It maintains the unique identity of your resume helps the recruiters keep an easy track of your project manager resumes.
The below-given points can help you frame the ideal header of your best project manager resume:
- Your full real name should be written at the topmost part of your program manager resume.
- The header of your project management resume should be written in 16-20 font size.
- If you have a middle name, write only the initial of your middle name.
- Example: John Mathews Levesque should be written as "John L. Levesque".
Read CV Owl’s Guide To Writing the Perfect Resume Header to learn how to frame the perfect header for your IT project manager resume.
Look at the project manager resume template showcasing what the ideal resume header should look like in your software project manager resume:
In addition to this, you can make your resume at CV Owl's Online Resume Builder wherein framing the best project manager resume header is super easy as our Online Resume Builder uses a pre-fixed font size to write the resume header.
See the project manager resume sample of the profile title above to get a better understanding of how to make it:
Project Manager Resume: Profile Title
Your profile title is a statement of your level of professional status which needs to be framed accordingly in an entry-level project manager resume or a senior project manager resume.
The profile title on a resume ideally communicates the following facts to the recruiter:
- Your current designation.
- Your functional industry.
- Your level of seniority in your line of work.
Never exaggerate your profile title as it may pass as intentionally trying to cheat the recruiters in buying you as an eligible applicant even though you are not.
You need to mention the exact job profile that you currently hold or have possessed in your previous organization.
When writing your profile title in the project manager resume, make sure that it is the second-largest text in the resume after the header in the range of 12-14 font size.
Refer to project manager resume sample showcasing the ideal profile title in the best project manager resume:
Project Manager Resume: Professional Experience
One of the most important sections in a project management resume is the professional experience section as this is the section through which a person can demonstrate almost 90% of one's ability to be a Project Manager.
Lets us now compare different project management resume examples to understand how to frame the perfect professional section in project manager resumes.
Project Manager Resume: Education
The education section is another important feature on your project management resume that helps the recruiters to decide if you have the required educational qualification to deserve the targeted job profile.
The education section for project management resumes should ideally consist of the following:
- Name of the school/university you have attended.
- Name of the courses you have pursued.
- The location of your school/university.
- Enrollment and graduation dates in the month & year format.
CV Owl's Guide on how to list education on your resume can help you learn more about the education section.
Here is one of the project management resume examples showcasing the ideal education section for your project management resume:
Also, boost your chances of a shortlist by framing the best project manager resume with CV Owl's Online Resume Builder.
The above-designed project manager resume sample will give you an understanding of how to make the education segment in a project manager resume:
Project Manager Resume: Key Skills
The last-second task for you while writing the best project manager resume is to frame this section and every key skill that you pick should be justified in your professional experience section.
Scan through your professional experience section and pick the keywords that the recruiters have used to describe the job profile that you are applying for.
Doing so can help you rank high on the ATS and also make it easier for the recruiters to recognize you as an eligible applicant with the required skills for the targeted job profile.
If your professional key skills are highlighted perfectly, you have a high chance to make the recruiters see your potential as a suitable candidate for the targeted job profile.
When it comes to being a Project Manager, soft skills are just as essential as technical skills. You are not only responsible for leading your project team but also for being the spot with stakeholders, so you need to be able to communicate with others very effectively and smoothly. To show employers that you have the soft skills they are looking for, try to incorporate these into your profile, fundamental skills, and cover letter sections:
- Developing and Tracking Budgets
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Performance Management
- Inventory Control
- Verbal Communication
To get more insight on how to frame the perfect key skills section on a resume, do read CV Owl's Guide on framing this section.
Project Manager Resume Summary
Write a brief statement of your professional experience to highlight the most significant skills that you possess and make the recruiters recognize you as an efficient applicant.
Hiring managers have hundreds of project manager resumes to screen daily and limited time to read them all. Keep your career summary very short, concise, crisp, and to the point. Mention the most relevant information first on top to capture their attention while they’re quickly going through your resume.
When deciding what duties to add, use the job description as your guide. For instance, if the job you are applying to highlights leading and motivating teams uses those same words and phrases. The more your project manager resume resonates with the job description of keywords, the better fit you will seem.
Follow and apply the following points to write a great construction project manager resume summary:
- Write your program manager resume summary at the end which makes it easy to decide what to put in your summary.
- Pick the highlights of your career from your work experience section.
- Try to include the keywords that the recruiter has used in the job listing.
- Write the best project manager resume summary that does not exceed 4 lines.
- Write your project manager resume summary only if you have worked for 3 years and above.
- If you have worked for fewer than 3 years, write a project manager resume objective.
Project Manager Resume Objective examples:
Results-driven Project Manager seeking a position with XYZ Construction Company. Bringing a track record of achieving operational objectives of each project by contributing to strategic plans and reviews.
Seeking a Project Manager position at XYZ Information Technology Solutions. Offers unmatched talents in managing and controlling project scope and change control processes. Highly skilled in identifying and communicating issues that may cause margin changes and ensuring that all assigned projects are delivered within set deadlines.
Extroverted and enthusiastic Construction Project Manager with a history in both product management and on-site foreman experience. Highly educated yet down-to-earth and hands-on mentality towards project results.
Read CV Owl's Resume Summary Guide and write the best project manager resume summary.
Project Manager Resume Objective
You should write a project manager resume objective if you belong to any of the following categories:
- you have no work experience.
- you have very limited work experience of fewer than 3 years.
- you are a fresh graduate writing an entry-level project manager resume.
The purpose of writing a project manager resume objective is to make the recruiters understand what you can contribute towards the targeted organizations.
Try to sell your skills to the recruiter and try to professionally convince them that you are the most suitable candidate for the targeted job profile.
Read CV Owl's 2020 Guide on Resume Objectives to learn the art of fashioning an impeccable resume objective.
Resume Review & Free Project Manager Resume Templates
- Design Compatibility
- Global Compatibility
- Conversion Scope
- Content Relevance
- ATS Compliance
- Performance Assessment
- Recruiter Friendliness
- Compliance with industry norms
- Resume Formatting (Colors, styles, font, margins, the order of sections, etc.)
Online Resume Builder for Project Manager Resume
Below is a list of the features that come with our Online Resume Builder:
- Autosave resume
- Unlimited PDF downloads
- A shareable link
- Full rich-text editor
- 1-click design change
- Live resume editor
- Option to save unlimited resumes
Feel free to go to our Online Resume Builder and make use of the pre-filled templates and replace them with your details as per your requirement.
- Your header should always be the largest text in the range of 16-20 font size and your profile title should be the second largest in the range of 14-16 font size.
- Write your education and working period in the month & year format throughout your project management resume.
- Provide only those personal information that has been specifically asked for and avoid adding any unnecessary pieces of information on your IT project manager resume.
- Create unique buckets and list your similar one-liners then bold your key achievements.
- Write every point by starting with a power verb. Use action verbs in the past tense for past profiles and action verbs in the present continuous tense for present profiles.
- Limit your resume objective/summary to 3-5 lines only to give a specific and overall statement of your construction project manager resume.
Now that we have reached the end of this blog, make sure to use all of the resumes rules and refer to our project manager resume sample 2020 that we have provided in this blog as it can help you in writing your project manager resume.